Area Rug Cleaning
Area Rugs can be inexpensive: a simple doormat or hallway runner - but they can also be some of the most valuable items in our homes. Green Earth Carpet Cleaning is trained and equiped to clean every area rug, from a simple walk-off mat to a hand-made, one-of-a-kind Persian.
Most carpet cleaners want to clean your area rugs in your home, however it is always best to have your rugs professionally cleaned at a rug cleaning plant/shop. Having a rug cleaned in your home may be asking for trouble: the rug may skew or shrink as it dries, pro-longed dry time can cause dyes to bleed or run together, not to mention the damage that could be cause to your wood or laminate flooring by the excess moisture. With the tools and equipment that we have available in our shop, we can provide a much more comprehensive cleaning than a simple steam cleaning ever could.
Green Earth Carpet Cleaning offers free pickup and delivery for all in-plant area rug cleaning in Courtenay, Campbell River and the surrounding areas, and rugs are cleaned at our Comox Valley shop. Not only is your rug returned to you dry and ready to put down, but while at our cleaning plant, your rugs enjoy a figurative "stay at the spa".
- Vacuuming. Your rug is vacuumed many times while in our care; it is the first and often the last thing we do to your rug. Vacuuming removes particulate soiling like sand and grit that wear down the fibers.
- Rug Dusting with the Rug Badger®. For wool area rugs, this step is crucial to removing soil that is deeply embedded in your rug. Because wool rugs are often tightly woven, vacuuming alone cannot remove this soil. The Rug Badger® gently beats the back of the rug and removes an amazing amount of abrasive and damaging sand and grit from your rug.
- Air Dusting. High velocity compressed air is blown across and into your rug to remove the fine dust that collects in rug fibres. The removal of dry soils like dirt, dust, pollen and hair, before washing, is crucial to restoring the original beauty of your rug.
- Shampoo, Wash, Centrifuge. The main event for your rug's stay at the spa! Most woven rugs can be safely shampooed and completely flushed out in our wash pit. Soaking, scrubbing, and flushing until only clean water flows from your rug, working stains and wear areas, and restoring the fringes to original lustre. During the washing your rug is spun in our centrifuge several times to completely rinse all soiling and soap residue, not unlike the spin cycle on a washing machine!
- Hot Water Extraction Cleaning. Tufted rugs, which are glued in construction, can be safely cleaned using hot water extraction, or "steam" cleaning methods. A cleaning solution that is safe for your rug's fiber is applied to loosen soil, scrubbed and then extracted using our powerful Vortex carpet cleaning truck-mounts.
- Other cleaning methods are also available for the very finest fibres and other specialty situations.
- All rugs are Hung to Dry in our shop. The environment is closely controlled using fans and dehumidifiers to provide the optimum drying conditions. A rug that is dried quickly will rarely have problems with dye bleeding or stretching/skewing.
Nathan cleaning an area rug in the wash pit.
Area rug hang drying
Call Green Earth Carpet Cleaning today and schedule a time to have your rugs picked up for a vacation at the spa!
We will come to your home, give your an exact price quote for the cleaning, go over any spots, stains or trouble areas, and then take your rug to our cleaning plant. Once clean, your rug is returned clean, dry and ready to use.